Making PPEs (PAPR project)

Somehow in my bones I had been feeling somewhat guilty about building a carbon boat in my garage while people in our communities are getting sick and dying from Covid.  While important, just doing my part by staying home didn't really seem like a meaningful contribution.  I have never really had such a feeling before, as I am not drawn to military or public service in general.  This pandemic definitely had that feeling building in me.

Out of the blue, my friend PBK, incidentally an Iraq Veteran, dropped me a text alerting me to a non-profit that had been making PPEs in our area.  As I have a Autometrix Plotter at the shop, I dropped them an email and offered to do some cutting for them. Within a couple days, I found myself re-commissioning Tychem aprons into PAPR hoods for the talented folks over at Sewcial Distancing.  Check em out.






Comments

Popular Posts