207 Hardener

Finally I was able to get to the rather satisfying step of surface sealing after the sanding hate mission.  I used the same exact process as last time, but this time I decided to try 207 hardener, as recommended by both Simon at 206 Composites, and Russell Brown.  The 207 costs quite a bit more and mixes at a different ratio.  The bonus is that it doesn't have any issues with surface blush, and it's formulated to flow out a bit better for clear coating countertops, and etc.  Once again, I used a pallet and a foam roller, followed by a foam brush to tip out most bubbles.  I did two coats, wet on wet.

Comparing the port and starboard results, I can definitely see an improvement with the 207.  It flows out amazingly well.  The white tint is a great additive, as it really helps you see thick and thin spots as you go.





Comments

Popular Posts