Gluing in the Kitchen Module

Getting this bugger fit and in place was a challenge, as the general shape needed to index with all the existing structure, including the side of the hull.  Its design should further increase the strength of the keel box.

Here is a peek at the outside of the fridge box.  I added a layer of carbon to the outside of the pink foam to help with durability.  The groove showing in pink here fits over the main flange of the keel support.  This gets glued and taped as well as part of the install process.  At this stage, I also installed a little carbon tube for a drain.


Before the point of no return, I mounted a foot pump to the floor with a G10 wedge riser, complete with stainless inserts.  I'm disappointed to say that it's very questionable whether I will ever be able to swap in a new pump.  Hopefully these Whale foot pumps last for ages.  I specifically chose hex key screws, as a screwdriver would be hopeless in the room provided.  There is a good chance I will hate myself later.



As a last step before installation, I also bent my evaporator panel to fit in the top outside corner of the fridge.  There is a real trick to twisting it into position, but it is possible to get this thing in without too much headache.



Here's a final pic of the module, stuck for life.


Comments

Popular Posts