Foot Push Rebates

Unfortunately, with the height of the drop drive, I couldn't get it any further back in the boat.  To make a long story short, to make it all work, the traveller had to move forward a little less than a shaka.  This meant I needed to recreate the rebates where the traveller passes.  

Somehow through the fog, we came up with idea of re-using the existing features by cutting them out with the Fein saw in perfect rectangles, then turning them 180 degrees.  I modeled it out and calculated exactly how off-center to make the cuts, then printed a couple of guides, and taped them to the boat before cutting.  Since the foot pushes have a slight bend, as they narrow towards the bow, I cut them, flipped them, and traded the port and starboard sides.  After tacking them in place with adhesive filler, I came back and laid a layer of DB90 over the exterior seams.






Comments

Popular Posts