Slider

With the gutters in place, next up is the slider itself.  Second verse is almost as same as the first.  I started by taking the used gutter mold, and repurposing it with the CNC to create a sideways rocker table.  I threw a layer of 7mil mylar on there to act as mold release, perforated some PVC foam, and bagged it up.  Once it was cured, I cut the outline out on the router to make life easy, and then pulled the peel ply.


Here is a pic of the mold after machining.  On this one, rather than waste time surfacing it, I threw a sheet of mylar to act as the release.

Suck it.

Trim it.

Peel it.


Here I removed the core back a bit using the normal technique and got some bog in there.

I followed with some sliced up RBS batten stock to act as outside lip, and I taped all the edges in carbon.


From there, I applied some 545 primer on the part and potted some stainless inserts for the barrel locks and magnetic catch.  I'm really hoping that the movable magnet isn't strong enough to cause any issues with navigational equipment.







Comments

Popular Posts