Kill Me Now. More Sanding...

The first coats of primer were a huge success.  After that paint was laid down, I caught myself sneaking back into the garage on more than one occasion to stare in disbelief.

I knew after the first shot of primer that I would be back to spot filling, and somehow, like childbirth, the fresh coat of white primer helped me forget the pain of what was on tap.  Regardless, I knuckled down, buttered her up several times over, and sanded her little by little.  It's punishing work.









Throughout this whole build I've been battling a few flats on the curvature of the upper doghouse.  For this last round of butter, I invented a funny little tool by sticking some Raptor Deck to a bit of ultra thin batten material.  The foam creates a little wall to push the butter along, while the batten remains super flexible.  I'll use this trick again.





Comments

Popular Posts