Anchor Locker (Not Really) Bulkhead

Between Christmas and the New Year, I took advantage of the vacant shop and bagged two flat panels, each with 200 gsm of 0/90 and 200 gsm of woven 45/45 per side.  I followed the same process as outlined earlier in the blog.  This involved perforating the foam with CNC, then building the panels in one shot on the level layup table. 

At the pointy end of the V-berth I decided I needed some additional structure.  The articulating sprit is going to load the boat super hard in that area.  In particular, there should be a pretty strong downward force on the underside of the forward deck at the butt of the pole.  After modeling in door skin, I got the pattern on the flatbed digitizer and worked the parts up in Rhino.  I had to split the bulkhead to actually get it in the boat, and in the end t took a bit of grinding to get her home.







Comments

Popular Posts