Drains

 Here's a quick post about drains.  I made some for both the BSI hatch pans, and for the propane locker.  After a bit of back and forth, I settled on using .414 tubes of windsurfing fame, for the hatch drains.  The propane locker got a .5" ID carbon tube to stay legal.  I didn't get pics of it all, but here's a couple quick snaps.





The propane drain must not have any low spots, or traps.  Do make my system work, I have a very intricate drain that involves several L's before making a long run to the transom to exit downhill, but above the waterline to avoid any vapor lock.  First I tacked my parts together using an ultra-fine bead of thickened epoxy.  After that cured, I wrapped some carbon around the outside and clamped with upside-down electrical tape using the normal method.




Comments

Popular Posts