Getting Domestic with the Dometic

 Eating Annie's Mac & Cheese for lunch!

After two months, the 8mm compression fitting to 1/4NPT pipe fitting from China finally rolled into our mailbox, thanks to Jeff Bezos.  With that, I finally had all the various parts required to fire up the boat cooktop for the first time.  Once I screwed everything together, I tested, and found, a gas leak using some dish soap and a chip brush. For the LPG cut-off solenoid, which anyway seems like insane overkill, I needed a 12V power source.  Short a spare battery, or Lionel transformer, I used masking tape and stacked up enough half-dead AA batteries to get there on the voltmeter.  Everything worked as advertised, although the heat output was a little disappointing as it took quite awhile to boil a very small pot of water.  Right now I am running a 11"WC pressure regulator, which I having a very hard time determining whether that is appropriate given the stove is build for European systems, and EU LPG standards.  

If any of you have info on using European stoves here in the USA, please drop me a note.






Comments

Popular Posts