Moore Fun

Moore 24 Ntls were in Seattle this year.  I had not driven a boat in a long time, so I was jonesing to do a little sailing.  I figured, why not celebrate my birthday on the water.

With the event in front of the shop, I figured why not join the fun.  We put together a last minute team of mostly J24 sailors, and I burned down to Hood River to borrow a yacht.  The week before the regatta saw me cobbling together a new Quantum genoa, since the one that came with the charter was kicked.  I made a lot of mistakes, as I'm quite rusty on the stick, but my crew rocked.  We had ourselves a little fun, saw the front of the fleet a bunch, and managed to grab a third overall.

It's worth mentioning that the Ballard Sails guys selflessly loaned us a #3.  We didn't need it, but had it got windy, it would have been key.

Comments

Popular Posts