Ebay Debacle

You have got to be kidding me!!!!

I spent literally months trying to source a new head for the Perkins M80T.  I even contacted some junk yards in England, as this engine was used in the Austin Montego.  No luck.  It turns out that it just isn't possible.

Finally...  and I mean FINALLY, a sparkling used one, pictured running in in a vid,  popped up on eBay.  I only needed the head, but I sucked it up and bought the whole engine for 5K.


So...

This used M80T arrives upside-down and broken into bits.  Check this kid out unloading the RoadRunner truck.

I called the seller fuming and got nowhere.  I filed a formal claim with Roadrunner.  Each blamed the other.  After a lot of fighting, I was given 45 dollars for the damage based on the weight of the object, and that it was a used item.

To make matters worse, the seller decided to pull off the top heat exchanger/ manifold,  and some other bits (which subsequently showed back up on eBay) before shipping.  No amount of yelling seemed to bring him around to reality.  Long story short...   Happy Birthday to ME.






Comments

Popular Posts